Since childhood I have been fond of watching movies be it Bollywood, Hollywood or Nepali. I try to find inspiration from movies and I believe most of them have some sort of message for the viewers. The movies which are based on the novels are often inspiring. For example all-time favorites of most of the people Harry Potter series, Lord of the rings are the symbolism of what an imaginative human mind can create, not only the worldly but out of this world fascinations as well. I am watching lots of movies and reading books and finding inspirations from everywhere.
Another movie adapted from the famous novel by Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat Pray and Love, where Gilbert steps out of her comfort zone, risking everything to change her life, embarking on a journey around the world that becomes a quest for self-discovery. The movie “A Beautiful mind”, an American biographical movie based on the life story of John Nash, a Nobel laureate in Economics is excellently enacted by Russell Crowe. John Nash, a mathematician had a horrific life because he suffered from a mental disorder Schizophrenia. The quotation made by a German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche “That which does not kill us makes us stronger” perfectly describes Nash’s life, who withstood and survived the torments of the dreadful illness. This story could be taken as an inspiration by the people suffering from mental or any other diseases and use their vulnerability as a source of motivation and determination to do something significant in this life.
Please read the post if you want more motivation from this blog post:
Another animation movie I look upon when I need motivation is “Kung Fu Panda series.” Yes you heard me right. You may say it’s a carton movie how can we get motivated from. But to remind you of some of the lessons and inspiration which are deep, as follows
1. Believe in yourself: Po the panda didn’t feel that he could be the “Dragon Warrior”. But later on, when he believed in himself and by the help of his Master Shifu he did wonders in fighting the evil characters.
2. There is no secret Ingredient, it´s you: In the end when the Tai Lung looks into the dragon scroll and he just sees his reflection. Po says, there is no secret ingredient, it is just you. I think he also meant, it is you as a person who you are inside, you can choose what you want to be. You can be and do whatever you want to do. Po chooses to fight for the valley of peace and gets more power may be just by believing that he can do whatever he wants to do. On the other hand, Tai Lung chooses to kill Po but cannot because Po chose to be a better guy.
3. Inner peace: Master Oogway said, “Your mind is like this water, my friend. When it gets agitated, it becomes difficult to see. But if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear.”
4. Stay humble: Master Shifu said Po to be humble. Staying humble means to know exactly your place, nothing more and nothing less.
5. Teamwork : The entire team of furious five with Po — Master Tigress, Master Viper, Master Monkey, Master Mantis, Master Crane, all of them had a role to play. And together, when they fought against the enemy they helped each other.
There are many other movies I could talk about for finding inspiration, but I want to conclude by asking what are the movies or any form, where you get inspired from? Please share with us, it would be a nice way for us to list our source of inspiration.
Here is the link to the website where we can find more inspiration from movie series Kung Fu Panda: